Curious about the dangers of distracted driving, the laws regarding it, and how to drive safely?
- on April 17, 2019
- Categories: News
DID YOU KNOW?
Distracted driving puts you, your family, and other drivers at risk:
- Dialling a phone while driving increases the risk of a crash as much as six times. Texting increases the collision risk by 23 times.
- Drivers on mobile phones are proven to be more impaired than drivers at .08 BAC.
- Distracted driving legislation with harsh penalties has been enacted across Canada .
Blind spots are serious danger zones for you, your family, and those around you:
- Your blind spot can range from 12 to 30 ft.
- 62 children can fit in the rear view blind spot of a Chevy Suburban.
- In the U.S. fifty children are being backed over by vehicles every week. Forty-eight are treated in hospital emergency rooms and at least two children are fatally injured every week.
- Based on the law, drivers MUST be able to see directly behind an automobile whenever an automobile is shifted into reverse. The regulations would be phased in over a subsequent 4 years, starting with 10% of new cars sold by Sept. 2012; 40% by Sept. 2013 and 100% by Sept. 2014 (Cameron Gulbransen Act).